Grandmas' Holiday Cheeseball

October 15, 2017

If there was one snack and appetizer that you could always find around my house growing up during the Holidays it was Grandmas' Cheese ball. The one thing I looked forward to as a child besides the presents was the week long Christmas buffet that happened around the holidays and this was always at the center of it. This recipe has been served at countless family parties and has been the center of laughter, tears, and many conversations. You can find kids (and their parents) snitching the corners and trying to cover it up as best they could before Grandma or mom saw it. I promise it will not disappoint at your next family party. It also makes a delicious snack that you can use throughout the week.


Not only is this recipe delicious, it is so easy to make. You simply mix together the ingredients, roll it in Plastic Wrap and stick it in the fridge. I love recipes that I can make the night or day before I need them to cut down on cooking time the day of (cause we all know how Thanksgiving can get). This Cheese Ball also goes great with any cracker. Our favorites include Wheat Thins and Ritz Crackers. While I grew up with having our Cheese Balls wrapped in nuts my husband isn't a big fan so we now roll it in cheese (and I occasionally wrap a small one in nuts for myself). 


Give this recipe a try and let it be the center of your next family party. To give it the pumpkin shape I just put hair elastics around it after I rolled the cheese on and put it in the fridge to set. Enjoy!

Holiday Cheeseball

-2 8oz Cream Cheese
-1 Jar Kraft Old English Spread
-1 Jar Kraft Pimento Spread
-8oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
-1/4 cp. Crumbled Bleu Cheese
-1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
-2 tsp. minced Onion

1. Combine Philadelphia Cream Cheese spread with crumbled bleu cheese. Mix well.
2. Combine ALL ingredients together and chill for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight).
3. Once chilled roll in cheese, walnuts, almonds, or pecans and serve or refrigerate until serving.

You can find a printable recipe: HERE

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.