Peanut Butter Balls

October 16, 2017

You know those treats that you just can't stop eating because they are so good? These Peanut Butter Snack Balls will have your whole family coming back for more. When my motherhood journey began I soon realized that quick and easy treats were the way to go and I've done my best to come up with some that are fast to make but oh so good! When we make these in our house we have to make sure we hide some so that they last more than an hour.



I came up for the idea for these peanut butter balls when my son wanted Rice Krispies but we didn't have any. To avoid a meltdown that I did not want to happen I had to come up with something quick. I looked in the pantry and saw three ingredients: Rice Chex, Marshmallows, and Peanut Butter. My brain quickly started to turn and I thought, "hey if I can make Rice Krispies out of the cereal, then I can definitely make it out of these, right". Instead of making it with just marshmallow and butter I decided I would throw in some peanut butter for some extra flavor. I think its safe to say that we will stick to these for a while. The whole family loved them.


Relatively speaking they aren't to many calories and I may have justified to myself as I ate my third one that the peanut butter made them healthy😊. Here is the delicious recipe.

Peanut Butter Snack Balls
 Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Yields: About 12, 2 inch Balls

3 Cups Rice Chex
1/2 Bag Marshmallows
1/2 Cube Butter
2 Tbls Peanut Butter

Set aside Rice Chex in a big bowl for mixing. Melt your butter in a pan on the stove. Then add the marshmallows and peanut butter. Heat until melted. Once it's melted, pour it over your Rice Chex and Stir until all the Rice Chex is covered. Wet your hands with water and roll into small balls. Eat right away or store individually in Plastic Wrap or Sandwich Bags. (Note: If you want them more gooey you can start with 2 cups of Rice Chex and add more in as you stir to get the consistency that you want.) 

You can find the Printable recipe: HERE

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.